Regardless of your facility type, the floors are the one area that everyone uses and sees. This is especially important for hospitals, airports, schools, supermarkets, and restaurants where customers see your floors every day. 90% of customers polled stated that dirty floors, spills, and stains would negatively influence their perception of a facility.
Proper floor care is also very important to provide a safe environment and to ensure the longevity of the flooring itself. Replacing flooring in your office may seem expensive, but imagine having to do so for a college campus or airport.
While floor care is may seem complicated, there are a few key mistakes that if avoided can keep your flooring looking great for a very long time.
- Not knowing the floor type
- If you don’t know what floor type you have, it is easy to damage the floor with the wrong product.
- Choosing the wrong floor finish
- Finish choices depend on many factors, so it is important to know what you need.
- To make the right choice, see our Floor Finish Decision chart on our website. We ask the important questions for you, making the decision stress free.
- Not taking preventative steps to keep floors clean
- Using matting at the entrances and exits of your facility will save you money on floor care. It is easier to clean a mat than it is to install new floors. Preventative actions can save a lot of money in the long run.
- Dust mopping is an easy, daily step, that can also keep floors in top shape.
Interested in learning more about proper floor care? Check out Misco College and enroll today!