Short for “coronavirus disease 2019” it is the newly identified coronavirus according to the World Health organization. Coronaviruses are extremely common causes of colds & upper respiratory infections.
COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly from person to person. People who are in close contact with each other are most likely to spread the virus. Even people who don’t have symptoms can spread infected germs when they talk or breathe. It can also be spread from infected surfaces or objects.
If possible, the best course of action is to avoid any potential exposure to the virus, though that’s not always realistic. Understanding how to disinfect properly and proper hygiene can help you stay healthy.
• Wash your hands often
• Use soap and water for 20 seconds – the temperature of the water does not matter
• Be sure to wash after going out in public, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
• Soap & water should always be your first choice, but if they’re unavailable, use hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
Use a Mask
• Keep your mouth and nose covered with a mask any time you’re in a public setting
• If you do not have access to a mask, a homemade face covering will work
• Some states are making it mandatory for masks to be worn in public
• Masks are made to keep other people protected from you, in case you’re sick
• Face masks are not a substitute for social distancing – continue to maintain a distance of 6ft between yourself and others at all times
Practice Social Distancing
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Keep 6ft between yourself and others
• Social distancing is extremely important, especially for those at higher risk of getting sick
Cleaning & Disinfecting
• Frequently touched surfaces and objects need to be cleaned & disinfected on a daily basis
• If a surface is dirty, first clean it with soap and water
• Next, use a disinfectant on the approved EPA list, following proper disinfecting procedures
• Tables, counters, doorknobs, phones, and light switches are a few examples of high touch areas
Misco offers a complete line of EPA approved disinfectants products with the EPA-approved Emerging Viral Pathogens claims that are recommended for use against COVID-19. The products listed below have demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19 on hard non-porous surfaces. Therefore, these products can be used against COVID-19 when used in accordance with the directions for use against SARS-CoV-2 on hard, non-porous surfaces. For a complete list of EPA approved disinfectants effective against COVID-19 please visit: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
Listed below are our most powerful disinfectants in the fight against COVID-19.
Proper hand care is crucial to staying healthy during this pandemic. Our line of hand soaps can be found below.
We are committed to our customers and are working hard to keep you safe & informed. During these difficult times well-researched information can be the difference between staying healthy and getting sick. We have been hard at work fact checking and providing you with the knowledge you need to stay safe.
We are here to help take care of our customers, friends, and families, allowing us to live up to our mission statement – Improving lives by being the preferred US manufacturer of cleaning solutions and coatings.
Additional Resources on COVID-19
Latest news articles and company related information pertaining to COVID-19